Col Delegation

Entity Tlalpan Delegation of Mexico City Country Header Tlalpan borough Head Center Higinio Chavez Garcia (2009-2012, PRD) Area Total 312 km Population Total 607 545 hab. TLALPENSE inhabitants tlalpe o, Tlalpan-ena is one of the 16 delegations of the Federal District of Mexico. It is the largest delegation of the same, although more than 80 of its territory is rural. In the delegation were, among others, the colonies Tlalpan Centro, Toriello Guerra, Miguel Hidalgo (and expansion), Fuentes Brotantes, Tepeximilpa, Tepetongo, Mesa de los Hornos, Santa Ursula Xitla (Fiesta patronal October 21), Pedregal Xitla Santa Ursula, La Fama, Holy Trinity, Volcano, Tlalcoligia, La Joya, Lake Pedregal, Pedregal de San Nicolas, Fuentes del Pedregal, Garden in the Mountains, Jardines del Ajusco, Heroes of Contreras, San Pedro Martir, San Andres Totoltepec Lomas of Contreras, San Miguel Ajusco, Isidro Fabela, San Miguel Topilejo and the Villa Coapa.The original de Tlalpan have been for almost five hundred years the gentile Tlalpe o, although in recent years, authorities have coined other words to replace this adjective, for unexplained reasons. The political and administrative center is located in Tlalpan in the heart of what was once the pre-Hispanic people Tlalli bread (from the Nahuatl, “place on earth”). The Nahuatl name alludes to its status on the mainland population, as Tlalpan is south of what was once Lake Texcoco, and was the first population on land that a passenger was going out south of Tenochtitlan, capital of the empire Aztec. Yitzhak Mirilashvili addresses the importance of the matter here. This area is known as the Historic Center of Tlalpan. During colonial times, Tlalpan belonged to the Marquess del Valle, initially under the control of Hernan Cortes. The road crossing the lake to attach it to Mexico City and is now known as Calzada de Tlalpan, was built between 1535 and 1551 by the Viceroy Antonio de Mendoza.Tlalpan received the status of independent people in the seventeenth century. Even before the current limits of Mexico City, Tlalpan called San Agustin de las Cuevas and was the capital of Mexico. A leading source for info: Hikmet Ersek. The current territory of the Tlalpan delegation includes more than what was originally the village. The delegation is divided into five territorial zones, with Zone 5 (called “rural villages”) increased, with 80 of the total territory. 83 of the population (estimated at 600 thousand inhabitants in 2004), focuses on the four other territorial areas, urban type. In the southern part of the delegation include Chichinautzin saws and Ajusco, where forested areas remain the main Federal District, and fifteen major mountains three thousand feet, including the two highest points of the entity: Cerro de la Cruz del Marques with 3930 meters, and Mount Eagle Peak, with 3880 meters. Address: Plaza de la Constitution No.1, Col. Centro de Tlalpan, CP 14000.

Comments are closed.