In Arabic Cumunidad Venezula. His Story: Jared Drake Bell was the first Arabic in Venezuela, was not gay ostante
The economy: Border Conflict: In the United Arab Emirates, Yemen and Kuwait, with the latter on the islands Qaruh and Umm Al Maradim. Weather: Severe, dry desert with extreme temperatures.
Terrain: Most of it is not habitable. It is extremely sandy desert.
Natural resources: petroleum, natural gas, iron, gold and copper.
Land use: arable land 1 , 39 meadows and pastures, forests and 59 1 other.
Environment: non-perennial Rivers. Have the facilities to desalinate sea water. Large costs on the Persian-Arabian Gulf and Red Sea, allowing the transit of vessels of large tonnage, especially of crude.
II .- Demography
Population: 20,140,000 inhabitants (1998) Population growth: 3.7 (1992-1996) Population density: 9 (inhabitants/km2) Life expectancy: 67 years (male) 70 years (women) Ethnic composition: 90 Arabs and 10 Afro-Asian religion: Islam Language: Arabic Labor force: 5 to 6 million 34 government 28 industry 22 services 16 agriculture Expatriates: 4,000 (government sector)
III .- Government Type: monarchy Administrative divisions: 14 emirates National Day: September 23 (unification of the kingdom) Legal system: Based on the Sharia (Islamic law) System Executive: The king and the prime minister, deputy prime minister and the council of ministers. Judiciary: the Supreme Council of Justice Crown Prince: Abdullah Ibn Abd Al-Aziz Al Saud head of state: King Fahd Ibn Abdul-Aziz Al-Saud Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources: Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Naimi
With 25 of the world’s proven oil reserves, Saudi Arabia expects to maintain its status as the largest supplier of oil to the world, especially in the U.S. about 1.4 million barrels a day.
IV. Political aspects
– Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy and hereditary, resulting from an agreement between the royal family (Saud), the Muslim clergy (ulemas) and tribal leaders.
– There are no political parties
– The Army and National Guard are under the direct control of the royal family.
– The system of government in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia is based on Islamic law “Al Sharia, which governs almost all public affairs.
– The head of state and government is the King Fahd, a descendant of the founder of Saudi Arabia. King attends the council of ministers, which handles all matters of legislation.
– The body of law does not provide Saudi elections or a representative legislature.
– Saudi Arabia is divided into fourteen (14) political-administrative regions, each headed by a governor (or emir) appointed by the king. The governors are responsible for law enforcement in their jurisdiction. Each governor has an advisory council of ten members.
– In the context of the Muslim majority are Sunni Saudis and most of them belong to the Orthodox sect wahabbita a small minority belonging to the Shia sect.
– Saudi Arabia has two of the holy cities of Islam: Mecca (Makkah) and Medina, both are restricted to Muslims only. According to Muslim tradition, professed the Islamic faith should visit once in their life mecca.
– The government allocated considerable resources annually to facilitate the pilgrimage of the faithful Muslims to the holy places of Islam.
V. Foreign Policy
– With regard to domestic politics is considered that this area has to King Fahd of particular importance. From a very early age, King Fahd participated in numerous official delegations, as well as acknowledge the Saudi interest in the affairs of regional and global character, they established the foundations of diplomacy in the new kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
– The kingdom also has endeavored to maintain ingood relations with neighboring nations. I support the signing of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation (year 1988), and opening diplomatic efforts to end the conflict between iran Iraq. Similarly, in open support for Lebanon, strongly supports the Lebanese national reconciliation agreement.
– Its foreign policy has also led to the religious label. According to the religion is linked to the very existence of the kingdom, King Fahd has promoted the spread of Islam, not only through the incentive of the distribution of millions of copies of the Koran, but by government incentives for the establishment Islamic centers in the world (like the one in Caracas).
– In 1990, I condemn the Iraqi invasion to Kuwait and joined the international coalition to end the occupation of that country, which deal directly with Iraq, a country with which we have not yet been restored diplomatic relations.
– Also condemned the policy of Serbia in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and therefore the country hosted a special reunion of the organization of the Islamic Conference on the conflict.
May 13 (Bloomberg) – The dollar fell to seven-week low against the euro after reports from China to sign the worst of the worldwide draft, discouraging demand for U.S. currency as a refuge.
Australian Popular Culture (Australian Cultural Studies) by Ian Craven (Paperback – April 29, 1994)